GloZell shows why cultural representation is so important (x)
i find it funny that “Baby Got Back” has always been a well-liked song, but as soon as Nicki Minaj samples it and shows off her amazing ass in a video, suddenly OH MY GOD WHAT A SLUT PUT THAT AWAY
like, it’s okay for a guy to talk about how much he loves butts
but it’s not okay for women to love their own butts
funny how that works
people hate it when women love themselves
Bam Margera & Ryan Dunn pull off this amazing stage dive!!
I saw this in the skate video ‘one step beyond’ at age 12 and it changed my life.
She does nothing to conceal it, he touches her cause he wants to feel it
We blame her for being there
I cannot help but groove every time I hear this this song.
We teach girls shame. ‘Close your legs!’ ‘Cover yourself!’ We make them feel as though by being born female, they are already guilty of something. And so, girls grow up to be women who cannot say they have desire. They grow up to be women who silence themselves. They grow up to be women who cannot say what they truly think. And they grow up—and this is the worst thing we do to girls—they grow up to be women who have turned pretense into an artform.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, TedxEuston (x)
I can’t stop rewatching this talk. Adichie is my hero and she just /gets/ these issues so well. She’s incredible, and everyone should watch her talk, if they haven’t already.
If someone took a picture of me crying about being $400 short to get my dog out of the pound, I would be livid
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
These are probably some of the most powerful pictures I’ve ever seen and some hit close to home.
Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet